The famous Bury MarkIT - bringing the internet to you!

Citizens Advice Bury District is very excited to announce the start of its "Bury MarkIT" pilot - a project that aims to tackle digital exclusion in our community.

The CABD will be showing Bury Market shoppers and traders what the internet can do for them - from filling in online application forms, watching their favourite bands on Youtube, staying in touch with family members abroad with Skype, comparing shopping deals, finding out their ancestry... the list is endless!CABD Logo

Research shows that 17.4% of local residents do not have any access to the internet and so lose out on special online deals, job opportunities and social integration. Just as importantly, the remaining 82.6% may not be making the most of their online experience.

The team will be on the indoor market between 10am and 1pm on the following dates to answer questions, offer guidance, and let you have a go on the Internet:

  • Wednesday 19 October
  • Friday 21 October
  • Saturday 22 October
  • Wednesday 26 October
  • Friday 28 October
  • Saturday 29 October
  • Wednesday 2 November

The project has been made possible thanks to financial support from the Martin Lewis Fund and the backing of Bury Market.

Published: 05 October 2016