Bury Market Hall is temporarily closed while investigations are carried out on the roof and building. This will determine whether any repairs are required, given that some RAAC (Reinforced Autoclaved Aerated Concrete) was used in the construction of the building in 1971.
- The outdoor market and fish and meat hall are unaffected and are open for business as usual.
- Katsouris and all the stores around the outer edge of the Market Hall are trading from their usual locations.
- Most other Market Hall traders have been relocated close by to the Outdoor Market, Princess Parade, or in the Mill Gate Centre.
- A support fund has been set up to help Market Hall traders to continue trading.
We appreciate that the Market Hall temporary closure is disappointing news, but the safety of customers and traders is our top priority.
Please bear with us while the safety investigations are undertaken and any remedial work is carried out. We will provide further updates on the situation as soon as we can.
Updates and latest information
For the latest information about the temporary closure of Bury Market Hall, check the questions and answers below and the Bury Market social media channels, or visit the market office at:
- 12 Princess Parade, Bury BL9 0QL